Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Creating an MTSPay Mobile account and accessing some of the features of the Services are free; you will only be charged the price of the Ticket when you buy Tickets through the Services. Additional Ticket terms may apply. Tickets may expire after a certain period of time, as noted when purchasing Tickets.
- Monroe Transit System allows a rider to buy (or receive) and use transit passes through our custom mobile app (also referred to as the “MTSPAY”). This custom mobile app was created by Modeshift. These Terms apply to your use of our Services.
- You must have an MTSPay account to use the Services; you can create one via the MTSPay Mobile app.
- When you access the MTSPay Mobile App, you will be required to sign up for an account and provide an e-mail and/or telephone number for account verification purposes. You shall provide us with accurate, complete, and updated information about yourself. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without prior written Monroe Transit permission.
- You represent and warrant that you are an individual of legal age to form a binding contract (or if not, you’ve received your parent’s or guardian’s permission to use the Services and your parent or guardian has agreed to these Terms on your behalf).
- You will only use the Services for your own personal, non-commercial use, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party, and only in a manner that complies with all laws that apply to you. If your use of the Services is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren’t authorized to use the Services. We cannot and will not be responsible for your using the Services in a way that breaks the law.
- You must protect the security of your account and your mobile device, and you are responsible for any activity associated with your account.
- The MTSPAY Application by Modeshift
- The Services allow you to purchase certain Monroe Transit tickets which are listed and described in the MTSPay Mobile App. If any issues arise with such Tickets, you must contact Monroe Transit.
- When you purchase a Ticket through the App, you will pay the amount of the Ticket as presented to you. We use a third-party payment processor to charge your designated payment method. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to these Terms. We are not responsible for errors caused by the Third Party App Provider, or Agency. By agreeing to purchase a Ticket(s), you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to initiate a charge to your Payment Method for the total purchase price of the Ticket(s). If we, through the Payment Processor, are unable to process payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Account upon demand.
- Monroe Transit does not at any point hold, own or control funds, actually or constructively receive, take possession of or hold any money or monetary value for transmission, or advertise, solicit or hold itself out as receiving money for transmission.
- Warranty Disclaimer. Neither Monroe Transit nor its licensors or suppliers makes any representations or warranties, nor provides any conditions concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services. We (and our licensors and suppliers) make no representations or warranties, and provide no conditions, regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Services. Products and services purchased or offered (whether or not following such recommendations and suggestions) through the Services are provided “AS IS” and without any warranty or condition of any kind from Monroe Transit, Modeshift or others (unless, with respect to such others only, provided expressly and unambiguously in writing by a designated third party for a specific product). TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED BY Modeshift (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER LEGAL,EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, WHETHER ARISING FROM STATUTE, COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OF TRADE OF OTHERWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- 1. ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION;
- 2. ANY DIRECT DAMAGES ANY AMOUNT, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF (I) $100 AND (II) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO Modeshift IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IN THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THIS APPLICABLE CLAIM; AND
- 3. ANY MATTER BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.