- How do I buy a ticket?
Open the MTSPay mobile application and go to the “Tickets” tab. Press the plus button (+) and choose the ticket/pass you want to purchase. If you haven’t registered in the app yet you will be prompted to do so using your email or a Google, Apple or Facebook account. After you have logged in successfully, you will need to complete the purchase with a bank card payment. The payment is made through a secure and certified external service /PCI-compliant/. You can save your bank card details for future payments.
- How do I travel with a valid ticket?
You just need to scan the QR code of the ticket on the validator machine onboard the bus.
- How do I create an account?Tap on the “Tickets” tab and then on the login button or on the profile icon in the top right corner. Then create an account by choosing one of the options – either with an email or with a Google, Facebook or Apple account.
- How do I change my account information?
Your account information can be changed only by contacting the agency – they will make the necessary changes.
- Can I save stops and routes in the “Favorites” tab?You can choose a stop by tapping on the red dot. Details about the routes passing through this particular bus stop will appear. By tapping on the * (star icon) you will be able to add the stop to the “Favorites” tab.
- How do I find a bus/route or a place I’m looking for?The best way is to search for the desired destination in the Search menu. You will then be able to choose from the options listed in order of time – the fastest arrival time from point A to point B.
- How do I choose between a Ticket or a Pass?The travel document that you purchase is entirely up to you, depending on how often you travel and your specific travel preferences.
- Can I use the mobile application without giving access to my GPS location?The mobile application needs access to your GPS location for accurate data.
- What will happen if I lose cellphone service? Can I buy a ticket? Can I validate an existing ticket?You will still be able to travel with already purchased tickets and validate such, but if you need to do a purchase – an internet connection is required
- What happens if I use a new device?You can simply log in the mobile application using your original login details. Please note that you cannot use the mobile application with the same account on two devices at once.
- Will the application store my credit card details?You can choose whether the mobile app stores your credit card details or not.
- Do I need to create an account/log in to use the trip planner?An account is necessary only if you want to purchase a ticket/pass.
- Are transfers available? How do I use transfers?Yes, you may transfer from one route to another. After getting on the second vehicle you need to validate the already active ticket/pass on the validator on the second bus, so your transfer will be completed. Transfers are only valid at the Downtown Terminal and within 45 minutes.
- Can I use any discount?Yes, discounted fares are available. In order to use them an MTS ID needs to be created. ID creation is available for free at the MTS Main Office (700 Washington St) with a proof of one of the following:
• Elderly: Any person 62 years or older
• Disabled: Any person with a disability through an application process
• Medicare: Any person possessing a Medicare card
- What versions of IOS and Android are supported?Supported versions:
iOS 10 +
Android 7 +
- How do I contact MTS?If you need additional information or want to report a problem with the application, please reach out to us on 318-329-2207 or visit us at any of the Monroe Transit Ticket Offices:
- Monroe Transit System – MTS Operations 700 Washington Street, Monroe Louisiana 71201 tel. 318.329.2506 Working Hours 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Monroe Transit System – Downtown Terminal 207 Catalpa Street, Monroe Louisiana, 71201 tel. 318.329.2207 Working Hours 6:00 am – 5:40 pm